Wetlands International South Asia invites applications for the post of Technical Officer – Water Management
Overall Job Purpose
The incumbent will coordinate implementation of water management components of all projects and initiatives of Wetlands International South Asia. Work shall also include development of concept notes and project ideas related to wetlands and water management. Good knowledge of hydrology and water resources planning and management is essential. The position is based in New Delhi and will require frequent national and international travel.
Roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate implementation of hydrology and water management related activities in various projects of the organization
- Support development of concept notes and ideas related to wetlands and water management.
- Undertake, based on monitoring and modelling, assessment of water and sediment inflows and outflows, water balance, and demand for various human usages as well as ecological purposes
- Develop capacity of wetlands managers and stakeholders in assessing the role of wetlands in water management, and integrating wetlands in water resources planning and decision-making
- Coordinate preparation, implementation and monitoring of project operational plans and activities in cooperation with implementing partner organizations and stakeholder.
- Support policy and advocacy on issues related to wetlands, water management and climate change
- Support communications and outreach on issues related to wetlands, water management and climate change
- Prepare scientific and technical reports when required
- Tech or Equivalent degree in civil engineering/hydrology/water resource management/ planning or related disciplines
- Minimum five years experience in handling water management projects, especially related to hydrological assessments of wetlands
- Experience in capacity development on integrated water resources management
- Knowledge of hydrological modelling
- Understanding of existing policy environment and regulations on water and wetlands
- Experience in designing, implementing, and directing complex or multiple projects of strategic importance to wetlands and water management.
- Experience in surveying rivers and wetlands
- Ability to communicate clearly via written, spoken, and graphical means in English and other relevant languages including ability to translate complex issues into concise and clear messages.
The incumbent will be placed in Grade 4 of salary scale, with an annual gross remuneration of Rs. 9 lakh with all perks. A higher start can be considered for deserving candidates.
How to apply
Interested candidates may send in their filled in applications in the prescribed form to [email protected] by April 25, 2021 with the following in the subject line: ‘Application: Technical Officer -Water Management’. The application form can be downloaded from this link.
Date of closing of application: April 25, 2021