Wetlands International South Asia seeks applications for the position of Conservation Programme Manager
Wetlands International South Asia is a leading conservation organization dedicated to conservation and wise use of wetlands in South Asia region.
Wetlands International South Asia seeks a Conservation Programme Manager to act as organisation’s principle technical representative. The position offers significant opportunities for influencing science and practice of wetland conservation in the South Asian region and immense potential to innovate, replicate and promote integrated approaches working across various sectors and disciplines.
The candidate should have keen intellect and significant experience in developing and executing successful strategies relevant to wetlands conservation and management. The candidate should also be well versed with project designing and management skills, monitoring and evaluation tools, leading and managing interdisciplinary teams and fund-raising. The incumbent will be reporting to the Director.
- Support implementation of strategy of Wetlands International South Asia ensuring adherence and corporate ownership within the organisation.
- Lead a multi disciplinary technical team, fostering learning and collaboration across the organization.
- Maintain an effective management system to ensure good quality outcomes of financed projects and programmes.
- Mobilise and manage fund raising initiatives and relationships with donors, other organisations and Wetlands International Global Office.
- Represent the organisation at various meetings and forums.
- Develop and lead implementation of communication strategy of organisation.
- Masters Degree in life sciences, environmental sciences, natural resources management, aquatic ecology, hydrology, economics, sustainability management and relevant fields
- Not less than eight years relevant to wetlands conservation and management or management of natural resources.
- Atleast five years’ experience in designing, implementing, and directing complex or multiple projects of strategic importance, including supervising multidisciplinary team and coordinating the work of partners while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly via written, spoken, and graphical means in English and other relevant languages including the ability to translate complex issues into concise and clear messages.
- Demonstrable track record of fundraising and managing partnerships.
Successful candidate will be placed in Scale 7 of the organization (Rs.85,000 – 6,800 – 1,37,500), with gross emolument at entry level being Rs. 16.5 lakh per annum. Brighter candidates can get higher start if recommended by the Selection Committee.
Application to be submitted only in the attached proforma (can be downloaded from Wetlands International South Asia website https://south-asia.wetlands.org/about-us/vacancies/). Completed applications are to be emailed by February 25, 2020 to [email protected] Shortlisted candidates will be invited to appear for an interview in person. Candidates who do not fulfil the required qualification and experience criteria or have applied for this position before may not apply.