Wetlands International South Asia seeks applications for the position of Conservation Programme Manager
Wetlands International South Asia is a leading organization dedicated to the conservation and wise use of wetlands in the South Asia region.
Wetlands International South Asia seeks a Conservation Programme Manager to act as the organisation’s principle technical representative. The position offers significant opportunities for influencing science and practice of wetland conservation in the South Asian region and immense potential to innovate, replicate and promote integrated approaches working across various sectors and disciplines. The incumbent will be reporting to the Director.
The candidate should have a keen intellect and significant experience in developing and executing successful strategies relevant to wetlands conservation and management. The candidate should also be well-versed with project designing and management skills, monitoring and evaluation tools, leading and managing interdisciplinary teams and fund-raising. The candidate should also be fully conversant with policies and programmes related to wetland conservation in India and the South Asian region.
- Support, through innovative suggestions and programme development ideas, implementation of the strategy of Wetlands International South Asia, ensuring adherence and corporate ownership within the organisation.
- Lead a multidisciplinary technical team, foster learning and collaboration across the organization, and evaluate human resource and staff capacity as per growth and needs of the organization, ensuring quality induction and catering to strategic needs.
- Maintain an effective management system to ensure good quality outcomes of financed projects and programmes adhering and contributing to Wetlands International South Asia strategy
- Represent the organisation at various meetings and forums
- Mobilise and manage fundraising initiatives and relationships with donors, other organisations and Wetlands International Global Office
- Develop and lead the implementation of the communication strategy of the organisation
- Perform other tasks reasonably related to its work and assigned by the Director.
- PhD in life sciences, environmental sciences, natural resources management, aquatic ecology, hydrology, wetland economics and relevant fields
- Good record of publications
- Not less than ten years relevant to wetlands conservation and management or management of natural resources.
- At least eight years’ team-leading experience, including objective setting, motivating, and managing performance.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and directing complex or multiple projects of strategic importance, including supervising multidisciplinary professionals and coordinating the work of partners while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly via written, spoken, and graphical means in English and other relevant languages, including the ability to translate complex issues into concise and clear messages.
- Demonstrable track record of fundraising and partnerships.
- Part of the current professional networks relevant to the position.
Successful candidate will be placed in Scale 7 of the organization (Rs.85,000- 6,800- 1,37,500), with gross compensation at entry-level being Rs. 16.5 lakh per annum. Brighter candidates can get a higher start if recommended by the Selection Committee.
Application to be submitted only in the attached proforma (can be downloaded from Wetlands International South Asia website https://south-asia.wetlands.org/about-us/vacancies/). Completed applications are to be emailed by November 25, 2019, to [email protected] Shortlisted candidates will be invited to appear for an interview in person. Candidates who do not fulfil the required qualification and experience criteria or have applied before for this position may not apply.