Wetlands International is an independent global network organisation working to inspire and mobilise society to safeguard and restore wetlands in more than 100 countries worldwide.
We are proud to have a network of highly professional and motivated staff, who are passionate about our mission. Our staff has a diverse educational, cultural, and professional background. We are hydrologists, ornithologists, ecologists, communicators, project managers, finance experts, and much more. This diversity enables us to learn from each other and to shape our international programmes to create more impact.
We are always on the lookout for individuals that can complement our current teams and offer up a multitude of skills. So if our mission resonates with you and you think you can be an asset to our team, then check out our vacancies below!
Wetlands International is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic. We expect the same commitment from our staff.
Wetlands International South Asia seeks applications for the position of Programme Associate
The Integrated Management of Wetland Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IMWBES) Project is a Full-Scale, five year, Global Environment Facility funded project of Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) and United National Environment Programme as the GEF Agency. The IMWBES project has a goal of “conservation and wise use of wetlands for sustained provision of their full range of ecosystem services and maintenance of biological diversity.”
The project objective is to “enhance management effectiveness of wetlands of national and global significance and integration in developmental programming”. Wetlands International South Asia as the Lead Technical Support Agency (LTSA) of the project is anchoring the Project Management Unit (PMU) and providing technical backstopping to project implementation.
The Programme Associate for the IMWBES Project is a full-time, five year position and will be based in New Delhi. Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain project documentation
- Support development and management of project contracts
- Support organization of National Project Steering Committee and Technical Advisory Group meetings
- Collate information on project performance
- Provide support in the development of various tools, knowledge products, capacity building and outreach programmes
- Provide technical support to the MoEFCC in the implementation of National Plan for Conservation of Aquatic Ecosystems
- Masters degree in ecology, natural resources management, hydrology, water management, environmental sciences, environmental planning and related disciplines.
- At least two years’ experience in handling similar assignments.
- Ability to communicate clearly via written, spoken, and graphical means in English and other relevant languages.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Experience of survey and assessment of wetlands.
- Understanding of GIS and mapping tools.
- Understanding of existing policy environment and regulations on wetlands.
The incumbent will be placed in Grade 3 of salary scale, with an annual gross remuneration of Rs. 6.3 lakhs with all perks.
Interested candidates may send their detailed resume at [email protected] by May 1st, 2022 with ‘Application: Programme Associate’ in subject line. The resume should provide information on candidate’s ability to meet the mentioned qualifications and experience and perform the tasks described above.
Please note that we won’t consider applications without any accompanying letter or text. Following your application, we will get in touch with you if any opportunities matching your skills and experience level arise. We don’t accept applications from third parties or recruitment agencies.
Don’t forget to follow us on LinkedIn for updates.