Technical Officer – Wetlands Ecology
Overall job purpose
The incumbent will be responsible for providing inputs from an ecological perspective into various projects implemented by the organization. The primary function would be to conduct ecological assessments, compile biodiversity overviews, draft project proposals, assess ecological effectiveness of ongoing management and develop training and outreach programmes. The incumbent will also serve as the coordinator of Asian Waterbirds Census, a citizen-science programme for assessing populations of waterbirds in wetlands. This full-time position is based in New Delhi, and will require frequent national and international travel.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate ecological assessments for management of priority wetland sites, and develop strategy and action plan for restoration
- Act as coordinator of Asian Waterbird Census and be responsible for continuation of mid-winter counts in wetlands across Central Asian Flyway
- Design capacity development programmes for strengthening skill-base of wetland managers and stakeholders
- Develop project proposals for fund-raising in line with South Asia Regional Strategy
- Draft reports, technical papers and policy briefs based on project implementation
- Represent the organization at various meetings and forums
- Support communication and outreach on issues related to wetlands conservation and wise use in South Asia region
- Liaise with State Governments, funding agencies and other external agencies on various aspects of wetlands management
- Organize consultation meetings and outreach events
- Masters in environmental science/ life science/ botany/ zoology/ ornithology/ wildlife / limnology/ natural resources management or related disciplines.
- Atleast 8 years of work experience of which atleast 4 years on technical programmes related to conservation/ management of aquatic ecosystems.
- PhD on a topics related to conservation and management of aquatic ecosystems.
- Experience related to GIS and remote sensing.
Commensurate with qualifications and work experience of the candidate
How to apply?
Interested candidates may send in their application to [email protected] with the following in the subject line: “Application –Technical Officer Wetlands Ecology” along with the following:
- Most recent CV with specific reference to capability to address the roles and responsibilities as described
- Statement of intent (maximum 200 words)
- Two references (with complete contact details)
- Expected remuneration with time required for starting up with the position
Date of closing of application
January 20, 2018