Wetlands International is an independent global network organisation working to inspire and mobilise society to safeguard and restore wetlands in more than 100 countries worldwide.
We are proud to have a network of highly professional and motivated staff, who are passionate about our mission. Our staff has a diverse educational, cultural, and professional background. We are hydrologists, ornithologists, ecologists, communicators, project managers, finance experts, and much more. This diversity enables us to learn from each other and to shape our international programmes to create more impact.
We are always on the lookout for individuals that can complement our current teams and offer up a multitude of skills. So if our mission resonates with you and you think you can be an asset to our team, then check out our vacancies below!
Wetlands International is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic. We expect the same commitment from our staff.
Wetlands International South Asia is a leading non-profit organization dedicated to conservation and wise use of wetlands in South Asia region. Wetlands International South Asia office seeks applications for the position of Technical Officer.
This is a full-time position based in New Delhi.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing inputs from a landscape management perspective into various projects implemented by the organization. The primary function would be to conduct ecological assessments, GIS and remote sensing mapping assessment and modelling inputs, generate ecological profiles, and develop training and outreach programmes within the South Asia Regional Strategy framework.
Roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate ecological assessments for management of priority wetland sites and landscapes, and develop strategy and action plan for ecosystem management and restoration
- Lead delineation of wetlands and landscapes, their various features and undertake spatial modelling in line with defined management application and outcomes
- Design capacity development programmes for strengthening skill-base of wetland managers and stakeholders in application of remote sensing and GIS tools for landscape management
- Draft reports, technical papers and policy briefs as may be required under specific assignments
- Represent the organization at various meetings and forums
- Support communication and outreach on issues related to wetlands conservation and wise use in South Asia region
- Act as a focal point for the organization on Wetlands International network on specific Communities of Practice and working groups
- Any other task assigned by the Director, in consultation with the employee.
- Masters in ecology / biodiversity conservation / environmental sciences or related disciplines
- Atleast 2 years of work experience in a similar position
- Demonstrated ability to conduct machine learning research studies, analyse remote sensing and/or environmental data.
- Experience in spatial modleiing, spatial data analysis, remote sensing and GIS
- Experience in working with image analysis softwares (ArcGIS, Erdas Imagine, QGIS, Google Earth Engine)
- Experience in conducting field assessments, literature review and data analysis for preparing technical reports
- Proven technical writing skills in English and Hindi.
- Understanding of aquatic ecology and wetlands management needs
- Experience of working on wetlands, with focus on aspects such as; aquatic ecology, hydrology, limnology, socio-economic, and policy for conservation and management
The incumbent will be placed in Grade 4 of salary scale, with an annual gross remuneration of Rs. 8.5 lakhs with all perks.
Interested candidates may send their detailed resume at [email protected] by September 4th, 2022 with ‘Application: Technical Officer’ in subject line. The resume should provide specific information on candidate’s ability to meet the mentioned qualifications and experience and perform the tasks described above.
We don’t accept applications from third parties or recruitment agencies.
Don’t forget to follow us on LinkedIn for updates.