Wetlands International South Asia seeks applications for the position of Junior Technical Officer – Biodiversity
Wetlands International South Asia is a leading non-profit organization dedicated to conservation and wise use of wetlands in South Asia region. For more information, please visit: https://south-asia.wetlands.org/
Wetlands International South Asia office seeks applications for the position of Junior Technical Officer – Biodiversity. This is a full-time position based in New Delhi..
The incumbent for this full-time position based in New Delhi shall focus on assisting the field implementation of the biodiversity programme related activities, and support realization of South Asia regional strategy. Key responsibilities include conducting field surveys, data collection and management, liaising with stakeholders and conducting capacity development programmes within South Asia.
Roles and responsibilities
- Undertake compilation, collation and review of literature to support project implementation
- Undertake field ecological assessments
- Support coordination and analysis of datasets collected from different field sites
- Support drafting of technical reports, papers and policy briefs based on project implementation
- Write blogs and articles for organisation website, newsletter and other communication product
- Contribute to the development of project proposals for fund-raising in line with South Asia Regional Strategy
- Support communication and outreach on issues related to wetlands conservation and wise use in South Asia region
- Represent the organization at various meetings and fora
- Any other as may be assigned by the Director, Wetlands International South Asia
- Masters in Wildlife Sciences / Environmental Science or Management/Forestry/Biodiversity conservation/ Remote Sensing and GIS
- 1-2 years of work experience in a similar position
- Understanding of wetland ecology and wetlands management needs
- Experience in conducting field assessments, literature review and data analysis for preparing technical reports
- Proven technical writing skills in English, Hindi or other Vernacular languages.
Biodiversity and ecosystem services assessment through field sampling or GIS, participatory rural appraisal for socio-economic assessments, data analysis on MS excel, LULC mapping, and literature review for preparation of technical reports.
- Experience of working on wetlands, with focus on aspects such as aquatic ecology, hydrology, limnology, socio-economic, and policy for conservation and management
- Experience in using statistical packages for data analysis and knowledge on Remote Sensing & GIS.
The incumbent will be placed in Grade 3 of salary scale, with an annual gross remuneration of Rs. 6 lakhs with all perks.
Interested candidates may send their detailed resume at [email protected] by October 31, 2022 with ‘Application: Junior Technical Officer – Biodiversity’ in subject line. The resume should provide information on candidate’s ability to meet the mentioned qualifications and experience and perform the tasks described above.
We don’t accept applications from third parties or recruitment agencies.
Don’t forget to follow us on LinkedIn for updates.